Friday, June 3, 2011

Sunday 06.05.11 Day Ten.


Jude's friend Ian was at church today! He hasn't been in a long time so it was great timing for a visit.

Zane asked this morning if he could play "Mad Bunnies" on my phone.. He meant Angry Birds.

The boys went home with Tanya after Church, they were going to just stay with her till tomorrow (She watches them on Mondays) butttt Stefen had to tell them he "downloaded lots of games all night!" so they wanted to come back to our house..

Tanya said, "on the way home from church I asked Jude and Zane if they wanted to help me with a surprise for Mommy and Daddy and Sissy. They both said yes, very excited. Then when Jude asked what it was and I told them, Zane got upset and said we couldn't do that. He does not like change at all! (needless to say, I won't have him help :) )

Then when we got home, Jude was just sitting in the car not getting out. I asked him what was wrong, and he said nothing, he just wanted to go back to Kara and Stefen's because Stefen had downloaded a bunch of new games that they hadn't played yet.

And, I wasn't going to write about this because I didn't want Lindy getting too upset, but you have to take the good with the bad right?
Jude and Zane were sitting at the table eating lunch and while I was cleaning the kitchen I heard Jude ask Zane how old he thought I was. Of course, hearing that, I went right over to the table. Zane got a huge smile on his face and said "100!"
I said, "what?! Well, if i'm 100, then your mom is way more than 100 cause she's older than me!" They both were laughing, so I asked how old they thought their mom was. Zane started to say 20, then he stopped himself and said 49. Then Jude said, "no, she's not 49! That's Nana's age, and Nana is older than her." He was so matter of fact. They kept throwing more ages around, but I won't get into that. :)"

We went to a birthday party for our youth pastor's 4 yr. old daughter at Tom Varn Park. It was a princess party, but they didn't seem to mind the princess cupcakes.
When their daughter was opening her presents one of them said "ages 4+" and her mom said, "you're 4 now so you can play with it!" Zane got all excited and said, I'm 4 too!!!" So her mom said he could be the prince (since she was of course a princess) and Zane said, "no! Kings are boys".
There was two coolers, one filled with water and one with lemonade. I guess Tanya must have told Zane there was just water, so a little while later he saw someone pouring the lemonade and he said, "TT! You were joking, there is lemonade!"















After the party Tanya took the boys back to her house and Jason took them in the pool. Stefen & I went over to their house for dinner and Zane was asleep on the living room floor, still in his bathing suit. Tanya said when he got out he went and laid down and fell asleep. He slept till about 9:30pm or so.

We brought them back to our house because they really wanted to play with Stefen, and he said they could stay the night again. We had two cars at Tanya's house so I took one with Zane, and Stefen drove the other car and took Jude. Zane was upset because he wanted to go with Stefen but was ok after awhile. He asked, "so where are Jude & Stefen?" I said we were all going to our apartment but we had two cars so we each had to drive one home, and he said, "you mean you have 1 car and 1 van?" I told him we had two cars because we don't have any kids so we don't need a van. Zane said, "we should give you a kid! You can adopt one from us." I asked what kid he would want us to adopt and he said, "like Gabe but 10yrs. older."

Stefen just sneezed and Zane said, "if I ever cough I have to have a hundred cups of sprite, a hundred cups of health".

1 comment:

  1. Love you Jude and Zane!!! It looks like you are having a lot of fun! Are you even gonna want mommy and daddy to come home???

    Jude, thank you for being such a good big brother to Zane. I know your new brothers are going to love you.

    ReplyDelete