Sunday, June 5, 2011

Monday 06.06.11 Day Eleven.

Well, it's Monday and my (Tanya) first FULL day with Jude and Zane.
First off, I have to say that Noah is loving having other boys around! And, thank God I had a boy first, because I now know how to roll with it.

Well, surprise surprise, the boys wanted to stay at Kara and Stefen's Sunday night. No problem, I told them I would just pick them up in the morning. So, around 10am I went and got them and we went straight to their friend Chay's house, where he was already waiting outside for them. I have to say, this place is every little boy's dream area! HUGE sand pile, trampoline, kid pool with a big slide going into it...this all equals hours of fun for everyone.
Zane just wanted to follow Jude and Chay around everywhere. They were pretty good with him. Not really including him officially, but they didn't try to get rid of him, so I think he thought he was still a part of everything.
Jude is so good with Noah, always watching out for him. Noah wanted to go down the slide so I was at the top with him, and asked Jude to please stay in the pool at the end of the slide to catch Noah so that he wouldn't fall into the water all the way. Jude went right to the end like it was no problem, and Noah slid down right into his arms. Jude caught him perfectly. He did that about 3 more times.

Then Jenny made all the boys lunch, mac'n'cheese with hot dogs and ketchup. Zane (who LOVES ketchup or bbq sauce) started dipping his finger in the sauce and putting it in his mouth. Jude said, "Zane, don't do that." Zane said "But it's so good!" Then Jude replied, "Zane, it's not good manners." He stopped after that.

Then we went home. Noah napped while Jude and Zane watched some TV and took turns playing their DSI's. (Both the batteries were dead and only one charger is here).

Jude keeps asking a lot throughout the day who is going to be watching them the next day, then the day after that, and the day after that etc. I think I'm gonna get them a calender so they can keep track of things.

Zane has been working on his manners. When he first asks for something, it's very demanding, then all you have to say is "Excuse me?" and then he say's, very politely, "Can I please...". He is also very protective of Noah also. When ever we go out to the car, Zane always makes sure that Noah is staying clear of the road and not just running out. Also, he is learning (sometimes the hard way) about sharing. The boys are doing very good with taking turns, as long as you give them a certain amount of time.

I told Zane that he could play his DSI till the numbers that say 1 and 2, to which he told me that was the number 12. Duh. Then I said it was Judes turn till the clock said, 1 and 2 and 3 and 0. Again he said, "you mean 12 right? and 3 and 0 is 30 TT!"
I'm obviously crazy for not knowing that.

At 5:30 we went in the pool for about 30 minutes. Zane must have swallowed some water cause he started coughing really hard. He threw up a little in the pool, just some gold fish I think. Jude right away got out and said he would wait to get back in until it all went into the drain. Well, then a storm started coming, so we just went inside, ate dinner, packed up everything and went to Nana and Papa's.

Once there, Zane started building a train track and then started playing with some of the toys there. Jude went outside with Adam to play some baseball. Adam was practicing with him hitting the ball, and he's got a strong arm! Jude, not Adam. :)

After an hour and a half, Zane politely asked for his DSI, and Jude asked me one last time who was watching him the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that etc. I told him we were going to Chik Fa La tomorrow, and he got his goofy "I really want to smile huge, but I don't want to look like i'm smiling" face and then told me that he was going to eat a million ice cream cones. I guess we'll see about that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment