Friday, June 3, 2011

Saturday 06.04.11 Day Nine.

Stefen had to leave around 6:30 to help someone move and the boys woke up when he did (6am). Before Stefen left he told me while I was 90% asleep that he turned LBP on for them. I didn't hear any noise and didn't wake up till 8:30! Call me a bad parent but, well it doesn't matter because I'm not a parent, and if I was I'd say it's pretty great that they were quiet for two hours so I could sleep in:)

While they were getting ready in the bathroom I heard Zane singing "Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas your leaves are sooo unchanginggg!" Jude said, "no Zane don't say that. Do you know what 'un' means? Un means it's not, like saying you're unstinky means you're not stinky". I guess Jude was thinking that leaves do change, I'm not sure hah.

We all went out to Jason's mom's house (where Stefen was helping them move) for a little bit. Jude saw some cool fish in the water.

They spent most of the day at Chay's house and then Nana brought them to RMUMC. They were asleep when they got there and slept through most of the service.
Pastor Deb was asking Nana about any updates from the boys, and Zane was sleeping in her lap. He all of the sudden started snoring. Nana told Pastor Deb that he was snoring, and Pastor Deb said that she hadn't even started speaking yet!
When Jude woke up I said, "man what did you do at Chay's house that made you so tired?!" After thinking for a little while he said, "well... the two things we did that made us the most tired was playing Pokemon (I don't know much about Pokemon but Jude said it's not a video game, they play with a ball or something? I guess they made it up?) and swimming".

After church Luke took them to McDonald's, the dollar store, and then to the drive-inn theatre to see Kung Fu Panda 2, which happens to be all about adoption.
At the dollar store Luke told them they could each pick out one thing for themselves. Jude picked a bag of blow pops and Zane picked a big pack of Chips Ahoy cookies.
Adam, Amber, Jeff, Katie, Alex, Austin, Stefen & I all tagged along for the movie.
Zane & Jude rode with Adam & Amber to the drive-in, and when they got there Zane got out of his seat and said, "whenever we get somewhere I'm allowed to get out of my seat!" and then he got quiet and was looking down, Amber asked what was wrong and he said, "and then I kiss my mom.."





There was a part during Kung Fu Panda 2 that made me think of Gabe & Levi. The panda was fighting the bad peacock. Well in order for him to fight better he was taught he has to have inner peace, so he found his inner peace and was able to defeat him. After the fight the peacock said "I don't know how you did that!" And the panda said, "it's easy, I just did this and this, etc etc", and the peacock said, "no. I don't understand how you have peace. I scarred you for life." The peacock took away his parents/ killed them. So then the panda says, "Scars heal" peacock said, "no they don't, wounds heal". "what do scars do then? Oh yeah, they fade" panda said.
Besides the funny correction about scars not healing, it made me think of how wounded Gabe & Levi are, mostly Gabe; scared of touch, movement, even sunshine. But his wounds will all heal and he will have complete peace soon. He's already started!

To add to being a bad parent... we let them stay up till 1am lastnight! Really it was just because Stefen and I were up working on stuff, and since their "bedroom" is our living room they were practically forced to stay up. If it wasn't for the long nap during church they probably would have fallen asleep sooner though.

Almost every morning Zane comes in to our bedroom with the laptop and asks, very loudly, to type in his login for a game. I overheard him talking to Jude and he said, "hey Jude, you know why I ask Kara to type in Animal Jam for me? Cause I want you to wake up!"

Jude makes sure Zane brushes his teeth everyday, and when Zane doesn't want to Jude reminds him he can just put a little toothpaste on.

No comments:

Post a Comment